Sunday, December 2, 2012

What would happen if you could become invisible whenever you wanted to?


If I could become invisible whenever I wanted
I could do whatever I pleased
And never be taunted

My limits in the world would have no end
I could investigate a building
Or go to see my far away friend

I could travel the world
And sneak onto the planes
Go to see London or Sydney
Or the capitol of Spain

I would use this power for good
Never for vain
I’d steal for the poor
I’d relieve them of their pain

I’d use this gift to make the world a better place
Traveling from all corners of the earth
And make my life an amazing race

Becoming invisible would be a little strange
Though only for a little while
After that I’d use it to make a change

6 comments:

  1. Jaylan, I really like your poem! It has great rhyme scheme (I love poems that rhyme!). I agree that it would be fun to have the power to become invisible! I think you have thought of many great ways to use this power. I admire how you will use this power to change the world and make it a better place. The world could definitely use it! Some people would use it to do bad things, but you chose to use it for the good of others! You did a great job answering this prompt! You are an AMAZING poet!!! Great job Jaylan :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaylan,
    I liked your post a lot! Your response was very creative and the topic was a good choice! I also agree with you that having invisible powers at first would be weird,but you would probably get used to it!
    ~Ava

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great poem! i would also help the poor by staeling, but also keep everyone safe by being an invisable cop. Your poem reminded me of Robbin Hood, how he would steal from the rich and give to the poor. I'll say it one more time, it was a great poem, just keep on writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Jaylan. I love this! It's very endearing. You do have a tiny mistake in the first line of the second stanza (I think you're missing the word "no"), but other than that I thought it was great. I especially was intrigued by the lines "i'd steal for the poor / I'd relieve them of their pain" because it made me think of Robin Hood, which is one of my favorite stories. I never understood why he was punished for doing "wrong" when everything he did was to make the people's live better.

    Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a really cool poem!!!! I think I would do the same thing if I had the power to become invisable. The only other thing I think I would try would be making people think things were floating in mid air! HAHAHA!!!! Fantastic writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jaylan, this is an awesome poem, I wish I could write a poem this good. I love the way it rhymed and how it was consistent throughout the poem. My favorite part was the last stanza. I liked it because you chose to use the power to help others not just yourself. Fantastic job Jaylan!

    ReplyDelete